Cherry Flip....STRAWBERRY STYLE!!

So the last time we were in Vanderhoof my mother in law, Orenda Jarman, shared one of Lances favorite "growing up recipes" with me CHERRY FLIP! It's a no bake cheesecake type of dessert dish. It's so yummy and one of our favorite to make and share with friends. Lance has always said he would love to try it made with strawberries.....however, after some extensive searching, I discovered that wouldn't be possible! They DO NOT make Strawberries pie filling anywhere in Canada. NOPE for real, Raspberry? Yes! Apple? Yes! Cherry? Yes! Blueberry? Yes! but no Strawberry =(
I was walking around in a grocery store here in the Philippines the other day and to what did my wondering eyes behold .......... a can of Strawberry pie FILLING?!?! Could it really be?....YES!
So I obviously bought it in a hurry and quickly searched the store for the rest of the ingredients. The funny thing is you can't actually by strawberries here! Not like in Canada where you can by a huge vat of them for $4. Anyway I thought that little fact was very ironic.So for mothers day I whipped up a batch of "CHERRY FLIP" but "STRAWBERRY STYLE" and it was scrumptious ~ if I do say so myself!!


If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates!

1 comment:

  1. You should post the recipe. That is interesting that you found strawberry pie filling in the Philippines of all places.

    ReplyDelete