Nasty Cockroaches!

Nice Nasty Cockroaches!! 

So we have gone through a few adjustments being over here in the tropics. One of those adjustments has included some of the gross spiders, insane ants and other such bugs.....including cockroaches. yuck. Now I have never been a fan of any type of bug and had never in my life  even seen a real cockroach until we moved to the Philippines.  Let me just tell you, they are every bit as discutsting as they look in the movies. One thing I did learn about them, since we have been here, is that they can FLY! Seriously, I kid you not.....

The other day we were driving home and our truck was kind of smelly - that's a whole other story - so we had the windows rolled down trying to air it out. Isabelle was sitting in the back seat and Scarlett, Lance and I were in the front. (Totally acceptable that Scarlett was in the front with me, really no big deal over here) Anyway Lance and I were having kind of an interesting conversation when Isabelle starts to interrupt us. We have been working on her manners lately, especially interrupting in the middle of someones conversation as well as when someones on the phone. So before she can get more than two words out Lance quickly shuts her down and tells her not to interrupt and wait for her turn.....So she sits quietly for a few minutes and then starts to interrupt again....this time just as we are telling her to WAIT I hear her say the word cockroach. 
I said "What?" 
She continues "I saw one fly in the window and it's on the back of your seat!" So I slowly turn around and it's right on my head rest and as soon as I see it starts to fly  - straight at my face and around the inside of the truck! AHHHH we all started screaming and Lance was swerving all over the road. Finally it lands on the steering wheel and sneeks it's slimy little way down into dashboard through the steering column. Lance tells me to watch the road - even though he's the one driving - so he can watch the steering column for when the "bug" resurfaces. Anyway we made it home without seeing it again and we left the window's open all night. The next day before we had to leave Lance went out and did a "cockroach check" and didn't find anything. I am hoping it left the truck but there's no telling. It could resurface at any moment and scare the crap out of us again! It was actually a really funny situation once we calmed down and got safely out of the vehicle. Thought some of might get a little kick out of it too! :)





If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment