High Hopes

We have a trip to Cebu booked in a few weeks. Cebu is a city on the Island directly to the right of our Island. We got some amazing deals on the short (40min) flight over. Cebu is much more "westernized" then the city we live in. It's got a lot more normal things. We have been over there twice and really enjoyed ourselves. We stay at a great hotel. It's huge, has a complementary buffet breakfast, pools, gym, steam room (my fav!!) and much more. It's located just a quick, free shuttle ride, away from a huge mall. The mall has many wonderful things including a TGI Fridays restaurant, fun play centers for the kids, and 3 floors of endless stores for me to shop shop shop in!! Our trips to Cebu our like our little get away to normalcy....a break from the busy, kayos that is our city.  

We found out that they have recently opened up a new store in Cebu, called S&R. Apparently it's a costco, with a different name. They are supposed to sell everything a costco should. Ahhh I am so excited to go there and check it out. I have heard they even have "kirkland" brand products. This may seem silly or minor to some of you....but costco, superstore, walmart etc. are a few of the the things we really miss about home. There are no such - one stop shops - in our city. Going without them makes you realize just how easy those types of stores can make your life. Anyway we are going to spend quite a bit of time at this S&R when we are in Cebu. A one year membership is 700php = $14 CND. My hopes are high as to what I will find and be able to bring back to our house with us. Here is a list of a few of the things I will be on the look out for:

- Mini Wheats, Lucky Charms, Honey comb Cereal
- Cheese...a big brick of Chedder Cheese
- Protien Bars
- Frozen Hamburger Patties
- Frozen Chicken Breasts
- Cilantro
- Black/red Licorice
- Dentyne Fire (Cinnamon) gum.my fav
- Lemon Juice
- Bag of Raw Almonds
- Bread, Full on, heavy 100% multi grain bread 
- Asparagus
- fruit snacks and regular granola bars
- Venus Razor Refills
- KD - real KD


So as you can see I have High Hopes!! I would be ecstatic if we found even half of these things. I'll update with some pictures of our finds after we return from our trip.

Whatever we find or don't find the trip is going to be a welcome oasis....a wonderful, much needed taste of home.



If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates!

2 comments:

  1. mmMMmm good list! We buy our huge bags of almonds at Bob's. Have you seen them there? I bet they would be cheaper and SnR though!
    I wonder if they have Polish Hotdogs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooor you could come home :) GOsh, i miss you sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete