Family Rules

The other day we were driving home and out of the blue Isabelle suggests to me that we make a poster of our "family rules" and hang it on the wall so we can all see them and so we don't forget them. "Great Idea Izz" I say, while wondering what exactly her idea of our family rules are. So we get home and get busy carrying on with the day - I completely forget the poster.

The next morning she woke up in a huff "MOM we forgot to make the family rules poster!" We quickly found a large piece of paper and some felt pens. She walked me through the whole thing. "First, write Jarman Family Rules at the top." Check. "Now write numbers 1-10" Check. Meanwhile I am thinking TEN rules, she's going to come up with TEN rules?! My curiosity was peaked.

She then proceeded to List them off one by one. I helped her with the wording on a few of them but most are word for word. She them wanted to draw a picture of each person in our family. Then she got out the poster puddy and plastered it to the wall.



I wasen't sure how much water the "poster" would hold but only minutes after she had put it up it came into play. She was sitting at the table just finishing her bowl of cereal, she jumped down and started to walk away from the table and then she said "oops, better clear my bowl, family rule you know mom!" I was very pleased with the outcome of the whole situation. It was her Idea and she came up with all the rules so whenever I need to enforce them I can simply say "Remember it's a family rule on your poster" nice.

If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates!

1 comment: