The new Love of my life

Ahhh There she is...isn't she a bute?! What a sight for sore eye's let me tell you. You might think I am being dramatic (not that I have been know to be or anything, lol), however, let me explain....

One of the things I have sorely missed while being over here in the Philippines, is my washing machine. I'm sure don't need to tell you how much laundry a family of four can produce - but, mountains would be a good word.  I would consider the way I have been doing laundry over the past year, one step up from hand washing.

Here is the process:

First I use the garden hose to fill a basin (cold water only - always), add the soap and the clothes, turn it on. Wait 15 min. Manually switch the knob over to drain...wait till the water slowly drains out. Then, transfer the clothes, in small batches, to a separate spin bin that's about 1/4 the size of the basin. Spin each small batch for 3-5 min to get the soapy water out of the clothes. Then, refill the basin with the hose and repeat the whole thing 2 more times...once for the fabric softener and once for a final rinse. It is an extremely time consuming, tedious and annoying process. Just to top it off, the machine is located outside, so I am doing all this in +1000 degrees with sweat pouring down my back, just adding to my frustration.



This year we were given a chance to ask for a few things from Lances company in exchange for committing to another year out here. One of the things I asked for was a "normal" Washing machine. I am so tired of spending a whole day on one batch and then at the end of it all still feeling like our clothes are half clean. It arrived yesterday....oh it's beautiful! It has a delay start - very handy. It is fully automatic and even sings a little song for me when the loads done. It has HOT water cycles and even a "stain removing cycle". I did a load first thing after it got here, it was the best feeling ever....just to put the clothes in, push a button and walk away...ahhh. The clothes came out so clean. When I got up this morning (i kid you not) I had to look out back and make sure I didn't dream it. There she was, as real as ever. It's Whirlpool brand so it should hold up nicely.

One of the things we have gained from our experience of living over here is an appreciation for the simple things that just make life that much easier......Now if I could only find a dishwasher!!

If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates!

2 comments:

  1. oh bless u!!!!!!!!!! THATS AWESOME, AND SOOO WORTH IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww I can't believe you are so happy about a washing machine! After reading what you go through, I am so happy for you...so congrats on the new addition to the family! haha

    ReplyDelete