Isabelleism......

 Isabelle has been complaining of a tooth ache. So I told her we would make an appt to see the dentist to have it fixed. She said ok. It only takes one day to get in over here so, the next day, off we went. Now I should explain one thing.....here in the Philippines they do not freeze you to fill a cavity. I have had 3 filled and it's not so bad. You feel great afterwords, not all frozen up. I didn't want to put any unnecessary fear into Isabelle so I told her as little as possible, just that she needed to be brave and do exactly what the dentist said. "Ok mom, I will" was her reply...."as long as they make it stop hurting"

So in we go. Isabelle was SO brave. Let me just say I was a very proud mother. She took the lady's hand, and went back without me. She did it all by herself while I sat in the waiting room reading my book waiting for someone to come get me and tell me she was having a melt down. Never happened. She came out smiling and very happy!


So after I paid we were holding hands walking out to the truck and she's talking a mile a minute telling me all about the dentist......

Isabelle: ".....and there was this one part where the dentist asked me to hold very still.."
Me: "oh ya.."
Isabelle: "ya, and guess what mom?"
Me: "What?"
Isabelle: "I DID! I am a very good holder stiller!"
Me: (laughing) "Yes honey, I am sure you are a good holder stiller!"

So there you have it. Great day of success and holding still at the dentist!

If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates!

2 comments:

  1. oh little izzy, i am sooo proud of you. I miss you and grace & ella think you are soo brave!

    ReplyDelete