There's always two sides.....

This year on our trip home to Canada:

Lance got a chance to help his dad out with some projects around the house and the acreage. 

For those of you who don't know, (and this may come as a bit of a shock) Lance was raised in the country! That's right. He was raised feeding cows and chickens, riding horses and dirt bikes, and hunting small birds and other animals. Running through fields and forests playing paintball. Any young boy's dream. Some of you may only know "The Business Man by day" Lance. However he defiantly has the country boy skills and work ethic. I must admit, the first time he took me home to meet his family I was pleasantly shocked to find out this whole other side to him. We only get up to Vanderhoof a few times a year but each trip I am reminded of Lances other set of skills. I love watching him fire up a 4 wheeler or drive the tractor. Corral some horses, or use a chain saw or an axe. It's so natural for him and I love watching him in that element. For those few weeks a year he's my rustic Man! 

One of the things on the list this year was to build the new fence. They were out there all morning, cutting and nailing away. It looked great! 

The girls and I kept busy by poking around, looking at the animals, taking rides on the 4 wheeler, petting the horses and collecting some eggs from the chicken house. 

Lance and His dad













If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment