Easter ~ WHAT?!

The other day I went to the store all pumped up to buy a bunch of yummy chocolate Easter eggs, chocolate Easter bunny's, pretty Easter baskets, etc. I was very disappointed to find none of the above items. I finally gave in and tried to ask a sales guy where the heck they were hiding all the Easter stuff?! 

I said: "Do you have Easter baskets?" 
He said: "Yes mam" and turned around and handed me a plastic shopping basket. 

Hmmmm let's try again.....

I said: "No No, do you have Easter stuff? You know like Easter bunny?..... Easter Sunday? ......Chocolate eggs?"..... 

All I got in return from all these questions was a blank stare. Grrr so frustrating! I guess they don't celebrate Easter the same way we do. 

I decided not to let it get me down. I quickly bought a bunch of mini size snickers bars, and bags of Hershey kisses and headed out. Next stop: Baskets. I found a perfect set of three and a bunch of craft paints at another local department store. Perfect. 

Today Isabelle and I had a great afternoon painting and creating these beautiful baskets. We had a blast talking all about the Easter bunny and what colors we were going to use where. We chatted all afternoon. We decided that we wanted to do this every Easter. Always making our own baskets to collect our Easter goodies in. What a great tradition. I am already looking forward to next years creations and to spending the time together with my girls. 

Can't wait to watch them scurrying around on Easter morning stashing there loot in their freshly painted and personally designed baskets!












If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates!

2 comments:

  1. what a great idea! love it. it's funny when i first came to Canada i was like, where are the REAl easter Eggs.. ours are different at home, and it look me along time to get over it, actually, every easter i wish we had 'real' eggs LOl. Can't wait til you are here :)
    heid xxx

    ReplyDelete